Solved! Where can i find cables for my lap top to run to the tv for video

bignavy76

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Hello,
i would like to have cables to run from my lap top to my tv for video all my lap top has is usb connections what all would i have to buy to make that possible

Solution
The TV will have either an analog video port, an HDMI port or a vga port

If its a Mac it will likely have either a display port or mini display port... you will have to buy a converter.

If its a PC brand, it will more than likely have a blue multi pin port for VGA. You will need to buy a vga to composite video plug (its a round yellow plug with a single connector in the middle. If you have an HDMI or DVI (DVI is normally white) you cannot connect if you dont have those ports on your laptop without spending a lot of money to convert the signal. The deal is VGA is analog and DVI/HDMI are digital.

There are a whole lot of variables in what I just said so more detail will get you a better answer....

and BTW, unless you use HDMI or DP...

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
The TV will have either an analog video port, an HDMI port or a vga port

If its a Mac it will likely have either a display port or mini display port... you will have to buy a converter.

If its a PC brand, it will more than likely have a blue multi pin port for VGA. You will need to buy a vga to composite video plug (its a round yellow plug with a single connector in the middle. If you have an HDMI or DVI (DVI is normally white) you cannot connect if you dont have those ports on your laptop without spending a lot of money to convert the signal. The deal is VGA is analog and DVI/HDMI are digital.

There are a whole lot of variables in what I just said so more detail will get you a better answer....

and BTW, unless you use HDMI or DP, there will be no sound transferred without cables for that...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS