Is the Dell XPS series any good?

Rach_22

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
My HP laptop (which I have had for only 1 & 1/2 years) died recently, and I'm looking around for another laptop. I'm not sure which brands are good, but I'm definitely avoiding HPs now - they overheat really easily and die quickly. I've seen the Dell XPS series and I'm interested in what everyone thinks about them, or any other laptops.

Just so you know, I'm on a budget - preferably around AU$1000-$1300, but not more than AU$1500. I'm just looking for a durable laptop with good specs. I'm not buying it to play games or anything. I just want something that will last me a while, but won't be outdated anytime soon.

I'm looking for a 500gb harddrive, 4gb ram and maybe a 1gb graphics card, with a 15.6"+ screen.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. :)

Thumpy

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
I have heard Dell has stepped up their game in the last few years, and also heard positive feedback on the XPS.

However, this may be a moot point now, but i will not do business with Cyberpower again. Awful customer service, wired my computer wrong (Professional Wiring $20)... amount other problems. Not to mention, you pay for what you get there. You will get the lowest quality parts, especially with their desktops.

This is all expirience from desktop building, but the point is made. I wont do any business with that joke of a site again.