How can i watch my laptop on tv

G

Hello,i recently bought a panasonic plasma tv from comet and was told in the shop it had a vga input socket on it when i got it home it had not so now i have been advised to get a vga to hdmi cable so i can watch stuff from my laptop to tv [my laptop is a e-system sorrento1] but i cannot seem to get the picture from my laptop to tv please can someone help me thanyou

G

attach the vgi to the hdmi which will counter act the esystem and then the vgi n the hdmi will work as 1

Did you change the TV input selection to the port the laptop is hooked up to?
Sometimes called AV1, or Aux1, something like that.
You might have to adjust the resolution on the TV or the Laptop to get the best looking picture.

comet response

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Hello,i recently bought a panasonic plasma tv from comet and was told in the shop it had a vga input socket on it when i got it home it had not so now i have been advised to get a vga to hdmi cable so i can watch stuff from my laptop to tv [my laptop is a e-system sorrento1] but i cannot seem to get the picture from my laptop to tv please can someone help me thanyou
Hi,

I was sorry to read that you've possibly been mis-advised of the features of the TV you recently bought. To enable me to look into this further I would request you e-mail me with further details. If you would like to contact me on the link below and provide me with your full name and address and your order number, I will investigate this matter for you. In the meantime, I can however advise, in order to connect your laptop to the TV by VGA to HDMI, the best method would be using a VGA-HDMI converter box.

http://comet.custhelp.com/app/ask/

When you e-mail in please also quote the reference 172308

Thanks,
Andy from Comet.