*URGENT* Aspire 5536 Vents closed.

assyrianboi

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
I'm starting this in regards to my Acer Aspire 5536. Since I've bought it, I noticed that the temperatures were always high, a popular issue with owners of this laptop. I was looking up ways to keep it cooled, then I noticed a vent under the cpu. This is labelled as a vent on my manual, for keeping the laptop cooled. The only problem is, it's blocked. There are no holes. I don't understand why they would do this, as it causes overheating. I want to know why the vents are blocked.

Which version of the Acer Aspire 5536 do you own? Is it a couple years old?

It looks like that model went through several revisions and different hardware. It could be they used the same case with different parts. Maybe the models with discrete video cards had the vents open? Or that your system used cooler parts than the other models. Which means that on your model the cooling patterns might have been different. Those types of changes might have been why Acer closed off a bottom vent that they felt wasn't needed on your model.

assyrianboi

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
The thread on CNET is mine also. It's really urgent. Idle I'm on 60c and when i'm playing dragon age I have 90-100c, which causes me to shut down after either 20 minutes or an hour if I'm lucky. The thing is, the manual for this specific model shows that it is in fact a vent. Why would they add information like that if this wasn't true?

assyrianboi

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
I am thinking of calling them and asking about it, but the diagram on the manual says it is a vent to "keep your laptop cool after prolonged use." There's one other vent, but the laptop stays hot. It's been like this since I bought it in December.

If you're been running for over 4 months successfully it's not exactly urgent.
It seems your only real problem is gaming. Avoid doing that till you fix the problem.

You still haven't mentioned what version of 5536 you own so we're pretty much at the limit of what we can tell you here. It's time to work with the people wo built that machine.