I need a Starcraft2 notebook

Supaplex

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Hey there, iam here first time and i need a gaming notebook for a starcraft 2

1. What is your budget? 1000-1500 +\-

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? - 15-16 not really important, but it cant be very small.

3. What screen resolution do you want? - Big enough for starcraft 2 to have very nice graphics.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable probably, for school and some trips.. I have desktop computer at home.

5. How much battery life do you need? Much as possible

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Starcraft 2 - high or ultra

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Watching movies, some little work with microsoft office for school.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 200-300gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Not really, alza.sk maybe but thats slovak page, ill accept any sites with shipping to slovakia

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD wiriter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Ill accept any GOOD brands, i let it on you guys...

13. What country do you live in? Slovakia

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Mainly just looking for a gaming computer. I just need ideal notebook for starcraft 2 and other gaming.. also maybe i could pay moe than 1500 eur but .. it have to be REALLY good ntoebook then...

Supaplex

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
G73SW Looks really nice, and costs around 1100eur, thx, but still i see there are 2 versions

differences:
ASUS-G73SW-TZ123V 1x 4gb; 500GB; DVD RW Super Multi DL; 1075 €
ASUS-G73SW-TZ043V 3x 2gb; 750GB; Blu-ray writer ; 1269 €

Do you think that +250gb space, bluray writer and +2gb ram is worth of 200€ ? Iam not sure, probably not in my requirements, but maybe its not that bad idea..

For 200€ more it's worth it BUT if you're OK with 500GB HDD,no Blu-Ray then get the cheaper one(the extra RAM won't make a huge difference unless you do lots of
image/video editing software)

About your first question,yes there is room in both G73 and G53
As for RK,well they ship internationally so ask about the shipping cost before you order(xoticpc.com is also a great clevo reseller that ships internationally and they have a forum too)