Solved! Alienware m17x-r1 cpu heatsink fan

anavidfan

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Hello,
Hello,about 2 years ago my son and I purchased our first laptops, he got the Dell XPS gamer and I got the alienware M17x-R1. They were identical in specs(processors, gpu's. etc) and price about the same. I had a ton of Mac elitists around me so I had to have the most anti-mac machine I could find , so I went with alienware, the performance was the same as the Dell. Customer service and satifaction, night and day. Dell had one problem after a few months, they came replaced the video cards and keyboard, no problem 3 years hard use and runs great. Alienware, problems with optical drive, they came out a few times, and they kept having to come back because alienware kept sending wrong part numbers. Finally sent it to them, after a month it was sent back with an empty opitcal drive, and a scratched up monitor. and they also messed up the motherboard. I was upset to say the least. They finally got me a new one. But I ended up paying more, I believe total cost was about 5,ooo.oo after the processor upgrade, turbo boost and other bullshit. It has been running fine, but the CPU fan has ceased to be and no one in the world except alienware has them. They wont sell you one once your warranty has run out and they would not extend my warranty when it was ending. So what should I get? Ive been looking at the Malibal Nine X7200, about 3,500 is it reviewed very well, but I dont know anyone that has one, any suggestions?

Solution
The desktop CPU equipped Malibal Nine X7200 certainly sends a message to those Mac laptop users. Core i7-960 and dual SLI GTX 485M.
It's such an unusual choice for a notebook chances are you won't find another owner hanging around and easy to find.

You'd probably get more attention to your main topic if you close this thread and open a new one with Malibal Nine X7200 somewhere in the topic title.

The desktop CPU equipped Malibal Nine X7200 certainly sends a message to those Mac laptop users. Core i7-960 and dual SLI GTX 485M.
It's such an unusual choice for a notebook chances are you won't find another owner hanging around and easy to find.

You'd probably get more attention to your main topic if you close this thread and open a new one with Malibal Nine X7200 somewhere in the topic title.

Solution