Solved! Dell inspiron 1501 black screen

misslj

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Hello,
what do I purchase for the monitor to make it light up completly. I can see the screen dimly. i am using a monitor stand alone attached to the laptop. Do I purchase a backlight or backlight/converter combo. Or do I need the completed back replaced.

Solution

Dark screen may be caused by a defective Backlight Lamp or the Inverter. The Inverter is much easier to replace and should always be tested/replaced first.

Replace with a "Known Good Inverter" before attempting Backlight Replacement.

The Backlight is an Internal part and may result in damage to the LCD if it's not done correctly.

A Defective CCFL backlight may have the following symptoms:
■ Screen flashs on red/pink and goes off.
■ Screen stays on in red and slowly...

EnderWiggin

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Does that monitor work fine with another laptop or desktop PC? If so you might need to have that monitor repaired or replaced. But first test the video cable that you are using by using another cable.

ko888

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009

Dark screen may be caused by a defective Backlight Lamp or the Inverter. The Inverter is much easier to replace and should always be tested/replaced first.

Replace with a "Known Good Inverter" before attempting Backlight Replacement.

The Backlight is an Internal part and may result in damage to the LCD if it's not done correctly.

A Defective CCFL backlight may have the following symptoms:
■ Screen flashs on red/pink and goes off.
■ Screen stays on in red and slowly becomes normal.
■ Screen flickers with a dim display.
■ Screen flickers on and off.
All of these symptoms indicate that the LCD Backlight Lamp (CCFL (i.e. Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp)) has reached its end of the life and all you need to do is replace the CCFL Lamp.

Solution