How do I reboot if my laptop won't start windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi, my laptop ACER notebook won't start windows due to a trojan hacking. Unfortunately, when I try to reboot it, I would as I assume start windows but the thing is - I can't. It would do the interface and then restart again, and on and on and on. How do I do this? Help please! Also, I tried the F1, F2, F8 and badaba.

G

Hi, my laptop ACER notebook won't start windows due to a trojan hacking. Unfortunately, when I try to reboot it, I would as I assume start windows but the thing is - I can't. It would do the interface and then restart again, and on and on and on. How do I do this? Help please! Also, I tried the F1, F2, F8 and badaba.

ALSO. MY LAPTOP IS A WINDOW 7. THANKS.

heynow

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
* 1 Back up all necessary data to an external device such as a disk, flash drive or hard drive

* 2 Make sure all programs are closed and shut down your Acer laptop by opening your Start menu and selecting "Shut Down" from the options for shutting down and restarting windows.

* 3 Detach any external hardware such as an external hard drive or printer.

* 4 Press the Power button to boot your Acer laptop.

* 5 Press "Alt + F10" on your keyboard when the Acer screen appears at the start of the boot up process. Wait a moment while Windows loads the reset files.

* 6 Select "Restore System from factory default" in the Acer eRecovery Management window.

* 7 Click "Next" on the next screen to continue. Click "Next" on the following destination information window. This will pop up a notice telling you that resetting your Acer laptop will erase all data and restore the laptop to its original settings and configuration.

* 8 Click "OK" in the notice window to proceed with resetting your Acer laptop.

* 9 Wait while your Acer laptop is reset to factory settings.

Read more: How to Reset an Acer Laptop | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5063933_reset-acer-laptop.html#ixzz1JuOL46Wz

gjwgjw

Honorable
May 11, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.