Feedback out of my headphone jacks on a HP laptop?

G

Hey there, I seem to be having a really annoying issue. I have a HP Pavillion dv9000, and I usually have the thing hooked up to a guitar amp. Except now I can't do that anymore, because for some reason I'm having an absurd amount of feedback coming across the headphone jacks to the amp, but not to my actual headphones. But there's almost no feedback when I'm running the amp off of my other laptop.

The problem is that I can't use my USB keyboard (of the musical variety) with the other laptop, because it's too old and slow to run the software without lagging. So I really would like to get this fixed. Thanks!

srluce1

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
I have the same issue as yourself.. but worse

I also have an HP Pavilion dv9000, it has always had the issue when putting a line from either of the headphones jacks, to play music through an amp, or any other speaker with aux input. Only today in fact have I just plugged in my headphones and I am getting the same, annoying scratchy feedback into my ears.

If anyone has a fix please help!! I am about to take her apart to see if there's a dodgy connection or bad earthing or something.. just shouldn't happen