Laptop/ notebook recommendations

will2power

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Hello all

I am looking to buy a laptop/ notebook PC but cannot decide which to buy. I am looking for something cheap, its main purpose is for internet and to connect to TV to watch DVDs/ home movies etc. Although I am looking for something cheap (about 65,000 yen max) (760 dollars) I do not want something that will be redundant quick. Here are my thoughts so far

1. An HP laptop/ notebook. The specs for HP seem to be pretty high compared to the price but I have heard some negative comments about them.

2. A lenovo. Also pretty high spec and I have heard good things about them!

3. Another maker, I do not know a lot about Laptops and I am open to suggestions!

I live in Japan so not sure if the model names are different. If you have a recommendation please let me know and I will find the Japanese equivalent model

Thanks in advance for your time and effort!

Peter

kskins3

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
heres something i just made little more then you said but can play any game on high settings

HP Pavilion dv6t Quad Edition customizable Notebook PC

XW898AV

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
2nd generation Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz
1GB GDDR5 Radeon(TM) HD 6770M Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
No Additional Office Software
FREE Upgrade to Norton Internet Security(TM) 2011 - 15 Month Subscription (activation required)
6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.5 hours of battery life +++
15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366x768)
SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN with Wireless Display Support
Standard Keyboard
HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Estimated build date: May 4, 2011

This ships free Free standard shipping on this item

The HP Home & Home Office Store will accept returns or exchanges for this product up to 21 days after delivery

« Save for re-order

Remove »
Qty. Update »
Price: $1,174.99
Coupon: –$387.75
Price after savings: $787.24

kskins3

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
The things i heard bad about this laptop was the touch pad but I use a mouse usually and not the touch pad i also heard it was very quiet