Safe temp in new laptop?

fireemblem55

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
HI guys... hope u can help me with this question... i bought just last saturday this lap, a samsung rf410... its pretty good deal for a low budget, with a core i3 330m, 4gb ram and nvidia 330m graphics... but well, my question is...

i like playing mmorpgs, like wow,aion, pwi, even dota... i started playing with the new lap and, just for checking, i monitored the temps from cpu and gpu, and the cpu got up to 82C max, being normally at low 70s... is that too hot for a core i3-330m on a nes? samsumg laptop?? i am investigating about it and seems like it's still not close to the max (105 i think for intel) but i just bouthg the lap this weekend and its on a laptop stand with a fan (a cheap stand but still better than nothing i think)...
oh and the gpu was maximum 71c, so i think that one is safe hehe

thanks in advance!

Solution
I think most budget gaming laptops can also be used as space heaters. that being said,, it sounds like yours falls into the norm. I would just watch it a little, (I catch my wife frying her laptop occasionally, resting it on a soft pillow or such in her lap.. :p ) Laptops should always be second choice for gaming in general. you get so much more bang for your buck in a desktop.

gl

dperkey

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
I think most budget gaming laptops can also be used as space heaters. that being said,, it sounds like yours falls into the norm. I would just watch it a little, (I catch my wife frying her laptop occasionally, resting it on a soft pillow or such in her lap.. :p ) Laptops should always be second choice for gaming in general. you get so much more bang for your buck in a desktop.

gl

Solution