Gateway nv52 won't turn on

trackguy25

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Hello,

I have a Gateway NV52 laptop and anytime I attempt to turn it on the lights (power & battery lights) & fan both come on, but nothing appears on the screen. I had this problem about a week ago and took into my local repair shop and they seemed to have fixed it (they said something inside just needed to be reseated) and I brought it home on Friday. It worked both yesterday & Friday, but as of today its doing the same thing again.

jordansv

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011

hey i have the same problem and have done some exstensive effort to try to get acer to recall this or even etend the warranty. and they wont unless people complain to them about it. they told me in order for any thing like this to happen they need 3 to 5 people to complain. and i know this becuase i talked to their manager! and what i beleive to be the problem is the companies lack of knowledge to make sufficient cooling vents for the cpu and gpu. thus causeing the gpu or video card to overheat and go bad. i want you to email me plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant do this alone if you and me and others can complain to them they will do something. my email is pvt-m-j-caboose@hotmail.com. i have a whole chat log i will provide to you if you are at all interested. plz your helping me yourself and alot of other people. if you have any other ideas let me know thanks. jordan

susiecompu

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
It seems to be an ongoing problem with Gateway NV52. Mine started yesterday and I finally got it to go on but now I am afraid to turn it off!! Many threads about it's failings.

andreascyp

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Have the same problem with Nv79!! What did that guy reset? The CMOS battery, bios please answer! No money to buy a new pc and tried everything even naked motherbord with ram and again white black screen no boot, it just shut off in 2-3 sec and goes in a loop of the same story for ever..

ryantbo

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Well you can add 1 more to the list because mine has the same problem. Was looking on here to see what the problem is. Mine too is out of warranty

Hi, did you try with an external monitor ?

veme

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013