Neeed laptop advice for a reliable one.

airdamis

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
1_What is your budget?

650-800

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
doesnt matter
3_What screen resolution do you want?
NA

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

kinda both untill my desktop is built

5_How much battery life do you need?

doesnt really matter but longer would be better

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the
settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

WOW and RIFT medium

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)

frostwire,youtube,MMORPG's (Rift WOW) and some video editing but nothing professional just messing around

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

doesnt matter

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

new egg or best buy i dont really know any other good sites

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

2-5

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

Just want it not to be super slow when playing RIFT and a good webcam wouldnt hurt and a good keyboard

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Had an Hp and an Acer I liked the Hp better but it doesnt matter what brand just whatever one is better.

13_What country do you live in?

United States

airdamis

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
ASUS and Toshiba are supposed to be the most reliable, but my daughter is having trouble with her Toshiba. I've had 2 Dells, my daughter had one, my mother had one. No problems with any of them other than batteries needed replacement after a few years.