Need a cooling support for alienware m17x

Fire-Dragon-DoL

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I'm asking this for a friend, he has problems with cooling his laptop (he had a problem that we think it's graphic-card related, a lot of vertical stripes and screen flickring probably due to overheating) and he was looking for a good laptop-support with cooling system that can survive to 5Kg (yea it weights a lot) and has a 17'' screen (I don't know the size of the computer)

Any suggestion?

About the graphic card, because his computer is in warranty, he can eventually change it. Do you think it's a production problem or just something caused to overheating? (or can be something relateed to water, it's raining a lot here and his computer was a bit wet even in the bag)

Thanks for any suggestion

warren024

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
There's not enough information here to give you a definitive answer. One of the things you pay for with an Alienware system is tech support - I would use those lines to get the problem fixed.

jimishtar

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
just raise the laptop 3-5cm, u might use some laptop stand, or just make it yourself somehow. a few cm lift-off does wonders for a laptop. if that doesnt help, there are cheap laptop stands +- cooler on them. but i do think that u should not have any heat issues as it is. maybe also check for dust ?

Fire-Dragon-DoL

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
Mhhh ok laptopstands is what he would like.

The main problem is that we are italian, so we don't have the same support that alienware give to american (and I think support is from dell, not alienware).

However my friend use the laptop to play and work, so it should stay on for 14 hours too... maybe that's the problem? I don't think so, alienware laptop should work for a lot of hours, am I wrong?

Where can I find a good laptop stand with cooler?