I couldn\'t wake up my computer from standby mode after I left my Sony Vaio NB o

MandyU

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
I couldn't wake up my computer from standby mode after I left my Sony Vaio notebook on Standby mode for 3 hr. Someone told me that the cause of problem was leaving USB port connected to the Vaio and disconnect the USB before changing the standby mode to normal mode. That make the computer unable to go back to normal mode. What can I do to make it work normally? E'time I turn on it goes to standby mode with a blank Monitor. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tired & exhausted mom.

MandyU

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Thank you for your kind respomse. I can't get into Safe Mode by tapping on the F8 key during boot up after several trials.

"Leaving USB port connected to the Vaio"
I connected my printer via USB port and also a wireless keyboard. My friend told me that I should disconnect those device before changing my laptop on standby or hibernated. Otehrwise, it may disturb the laptop to go back to normal mode later.

MandyU

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry for my late reply. It already come back after I disconnect everything (monitor, mouth pad, speakers and wireless connecter) and reconnect them all again. So I really didn't understand what happened. Anyway, I really appreciated your kind support and great concern.