Best laptop for architecture

eijiahnat

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Hello,

I'm torn between windows and mac! Looking for a laptop when i go to university. Thought of having a laptop for portability and a desktop for heavy duty work. I would really really really like a mac but im afraid the programs i need to use arent compatible and bootcamp or parallels hasn't gotten any outstanding reviews that is convincing enough.

1_What is your budget?

Nothing over 4000$! But, do me a favour and help me save!

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

17 inch is not a problem

3_What screen resolution do you want?

anything that is comparable to that of macbook pro 17inch

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

if i can replace the desktop it would be great!

5_How much battery life do you need?

The longer the battery lasts, the better.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I'm willing to sacrifice!

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Architecture and design focused programs: like AutoCAD, 3d studio viz, rhino, grasshopper

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

500gb would be optimal. Wouldn't mind lesser

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

APPLE apple apple!

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

at least 4 years, i'll consider another when i continue with postgraduate!

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

DVD ROM/Writer clearly.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
MACBOOK PRO 17 INCH! APPLE!
Dell or lenovo is fine. dont want any taiwan based odm manufactured laptops!

13_What country do you live in?
ASIA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
i would prefer intel processors i5 or i7 and above
2.00 GHz and above
RAM of 4Gb and above
Graphics? someone enlighten me?

please dont tell me to jump into mac because its really important for me to use the above mentioned programs and if bootcamp and virtualization cant provide that, i need an alternative!