Solved! Laptop for sc2 and sims / school?

727sok

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
hello. im trying to buy a new laptop. the problem is that i want to play sc2 and sims 3 on it. ive been looking all over the net about laptops for gaming but they all say just get a desktop. well please dont write that in the comments plz. so. im trying to look for a laptop thats 1000$ or lower. im thinking 14"-14.9", windows 7, ram 4g+, harddrive like 300g+, and processor about i5 or i7.. i think the graphics card should be good to play sc2 in high settings with no lag? and its also for school thats why i want a laptop because it is portable. well help me out wiht some good recommendations please. and please tell me graphics card that will play sc2 with high with not lag plz. i saw like ati 5650, and 330m? are they good enough or something? thank you and please help me out :) i live in the u.s.

Not all GPUs are tested in every game. There are some new GPUs that haven't been tested at all and they 'guess' at what type of performance it should give based on other types of benchmarks or comparisons with similar GPUs.

"The following games list shows all notebook graphic cards (GPUs) sorted by the approximate performance (similar to the notebook gpu benchmark list). The fields contain average frames per second (fps) values for each game / setting combination. If the framerate is sufficient for fluent gaming (>25 fps), the field is painted in green. Otherwise, red for stutterings and yellow for an unsure prognosis. Furthermore, all fields without values are interpolated to convey the approximate gaming performance (brighter colors). The results are based on many different laptop reviews with different hardware. To see the detailed results, visit the GPU page or hover over the values with the mouse".

And "Note: With slower components (like a slow CPU) the gaming performance may be noticable slower" explains why you can sometimes see a lower ranked card show yellow when a card below it might show green.

ss075.jpg