Solved! I dont know how many amps my computer is

inehar

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Hello,
my son has a acer laptop please tell us how to find the requested information either in amps or wattage.
thanks

Solution

What's not straightforward about what you just wrote? The power supply takes in 1.5A AC current and converts it to 3.42A DC current. If you're replacing the power supply, you want one that outputs the same voltage as the one you have at an equal or higher current.

If you want to know the wattage, you can do some simple math.
Power=Voltage*Current

Take the output potential (voltage) and multiply it by your 3.42 A current and you get the power (in watts) of your power supply. Your voltage is probably somewhere around 19 V, since most notebooks consume ~65 watts at...

omac1a

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010

Take it to Radio Shack and ask them. I assume you are asking because you need a power supply. Or you could just go to the website and look up the specs.

inehar

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011

Hello,
the pc says input 1.5 A and output 3.42 A which is correct,in all other appliance it is given straightforward either in amps or watts why not in the
computer.

frozenlead

Distinguished

What's not straightforward about what you just wrote? The power supply takes in 1.5A AC current and converts it to 3.42A DC current. If you're replacing the power supply, you want one that outputs the same voltage as the one you have at an equal or higher current.

If you want to know the wattage, you can do some simple math.
Power=Voltage*Current

Take the output potential (voltage) and multiply it by your 3.42 A current and you get the power (in watts) of your power supply. Your voltage is probably somewhere around 19 V, since most notebooks consume ~65 watts at full load. It might not be, though.

Solution