Solved! Netbook vs notebook vs laptop What is the difference?

Williamfcbisg

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I do not need a full version laptop at this time. All I know I will need to do is word processing and E-Mail on the go. I've been looking at Netbooks, notebooks and laptops . I do not think I need a full version laptop at this time. If all I do is Wordprocessing and e-mail what do you recommend?

Solution
'Netbook is a very low power small and portable notebook.
It's performance is often very low as well. And they don't have DVD drives included.
The low cost 'Netbooks with a single core CPU don't do multi-tasking well as in word processing, email and web surfing at the same time.
One program at a time? No problem. Multiple programs at the same time? Look for a dual core CPU and 2GB of RAM.

Also the 10" 1024x600 LCD screen is far from ideal for work processing and web surfing.
It works, but there isn't much on the screen. Typists often have trouble with the small keyboards of the 10" models as well.

11.6"/12" 1366x768 LCDs, bigger keyboard, 2GB of RAM and dual core CPU are a decent compromise IMO.
ASUS Eee PC Intel Atom...
'Netbook is a very low power small and portable notebook.
It's performance is often very low as well. And they don't have DVD drives included.
The low cost 'Netbooks with a single core CPU don't do multi-tasking well as in word processing, email and web surfing at the same time.
One program at a time? No problem. Multiple programs at the same time? Look for a dual core CPU and 2GB of RAM.

Also the 10" 1024x600 LCD screen is far from ideal for work processing and web surfing.
It works, but there isn't much on the screen. Typists often have trouble with the small keyboards of the 10" models as well.

11.6"/12" 1366x768 LCDs, bigger keyboard, 2GB of RAM and dual core CPU are a decent compromise IMO.
ASUS Eee PC Intel Atom D525(1.80GHz) Dual Core 12.1" 1366x768 LCD 2GB Memory 250GB HDD NetBook $485

But you can find less expensive laptops too.
Acer Aspire Notebook AMD Dual-Core C-50(1.0GHz) 15.6" 1366x768 LCD AMD Radeon HD 6250 3GB Memory 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi $350

Solution