Recovery HELP!!!

shmcphrsn

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
I have an Acer Aspire One: and when I hit the F8 key at startup to run the computer repair it sends me to the recovery section which then ask me for a user name and password but when I enter the user name and password it tell me the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. WHY???

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

best thing to do is just to reinstall windows alltogether. if you did not get a recovery cd then try safe mode and use a restore point. or try different options. wish i could help but iv never had to enter a password and user name. ill search the web for you. il get back to you.

shmcphrsn

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
This is a Netbook with no CD Drive and the Recovery partition is only what I've got to reboot the PC with but when I try using the Recovery Partition it's asking me for a User Name And Password, but when I enter the user name and password it's not being reconised, and tells me that it either does not exist or cannot be contacted.

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

ok i recomend that you go to microsoft support and ask. thats unusual that it is asking for a password. think of all passwords you have used on your pc and hard drive password.