Solved! Laptop stuck on Welcome screen ?

dramacydal

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Hi, My laptop is stuck on welcome screen, last night it was working perfectly, but this morning i turned it on and it worked, but then after a few minutes its stop responding and refuses to take a click, so i hold the power button and turn it off, now once i put it on it refused to click on anything. couldn't log on.tried it a few times, same problem.
Then i remove the battery and try some remedies, my laptop decided to click but its just stuck on
the welcome screen. Tried a few more times but same problem, Please help.

I ran it on safe mode and it worked perfectly, Been using this laptop for about 2 and a half years and never had this kind of a major problem.

I really dont want to format, go to many games, movies and data.
Laptop specs - gateway fx p-7805u

17" WXGA+
Centrino core2 - 2.26ghz
4 Gigs DDR3 (1066mhz)
nVidia 9800m GTS
320Gb 7200RPM HDD
Vista ultimiate

Solution
The first place I'd start would be to look for malware. Download malwarebytes install file to a usb drive and install it if you have access to another computer. See if anything comes up and if so, if removing it takes care of the issue.
The first place I'd start would be to look for malware. Download malwarebytes install file to a usb drive and install it if you have access to another computer. See if anything comes up and if so, if removing it takes care of the issue.

Solution