SC2 Laptop

Should my friend get the computer I have spec'd? (HP G62t Series)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but upgrade graphics card

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but upgrade processor

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Infinary

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
Hello! First I'd like to say that these forums have helped me out so much before! Glad I can join the community! Well my friend is looking for a laptop to purchase. He wants to go $500 for it but is willing to go a little higher and definitely lower! The only thing he really wants this for is to be able to play Starcraft 2 and Minecraft. He isn't expecting top performance, maxed settings but something that will run decently with decent graphics on. I did some of my own shopping and came up with one I thought is pretty good for the job! Just here to see if anyone can confirm that this is going to be ok for his needs, and if not some suggestions would be wonderful!

SPECS:
Processor: Pentium Dual Core P6100 (2.0 GHz and 3MB L3 cache)
Graphics: 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 DDR3 Graphics
Memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM
Price: $498.99

Thanks! :D

Nik

Infinary

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011

Yes I know this thing won't be beast at playing but he just wants it to be able to run xD

He can upgrade the processor it a Core-i3 at 2.4 GHz for $70 or make his graphics card a 1GB dedicated rather then the 512MB I have on there now. Not much room for improvement, so just wondering if this is an ok laptop or if I should try looking elsewhere?

Thanks!

Infinary

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
Good to know! Yeah I'll just tell him that and show him that laptop and see if he is willing to go a bit above and beyond $500.

Thanks so much for your help!

Infinary

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011

Alright, well we did some digging and found a great deal on a Dell that was significantly better and the exact price! Even outdid the Acer you recommended! Thanks for your help again!