Solved! Looking for an awesome gaming laptop!

maxpowerirj

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
Hey guys, new to the forum but love the community. I am getting ready for medical school and in sore need of a new laptop. I am looking for screaming horsepower for image manipulation/gaming and trying to maintain more than an hour of battery life. My ceiling is about $2000 dollars give or take. Please any suggestions welcome. Also I am partial to Nvidia cards and Intel CPUs. Thanks again in advance

Solution
Sandy bridge mobile CPUs are much more powerful than current Core i CPUs.
They even perform as good as their desktop brothers in some apps/games plus they have a much more better IGP(Integrated Graphic) along with better battery life and less power consumption.

Fadekyn

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
I agree. Also, take a look at xoticpc.com, as gaming notebooks go they seem to have the most options. Plus, the customer service feedback seems to be good. I personally did not have the cash to use them, but if I had I would have used their site after the extensive research I did.

maxpowerirj

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
Perfect, thanks for the reply. I wanted to start looking now so that when it comes time for fall I will be ready to purchase. Also, what advantages does sandy bridge provide exactly, I have heard about the tech but don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject.

Sandy bridge mobile CPUs are much more powerful than current Core i CPUs.
They even perform as good as their desktop brothers in some apps/games plus they have a much more better IGP(Integrated Graphic) along with better battery life and less power consumption.

Solution

Fadekyn

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Also, ATI and Nvidia are working on new schemes that let you switch graphics more fluidly so that you save battery life.

Toms actually has a great article under the processors section which explains it really well. Quick take: SandyBridge actually puts the integrated GPU on the CPU wafer. This allows for gains in the power and graphics uses.

TRENDING THREADS