Solved! Gateway TA7 core 2 duo Centrino

reible

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
i have a gateway TA7 core 2 duo Centrino want to up-grade with a fastest processor I can out in it can you recomend an up-grade

Solution
It's pretty pointless to upgrade a laptop, as it is more trouble than it is worth. Besides taking it apart, you have to find a chip that will operate on the chipset, has the same power requirements, etc.. Even if you do find a chip that will work, it will not give you much a performance increase. My advice would be to save up and get a new laptop.
It's pretty pointless to upgrade a laptop, as it is more trouble than it is worth. Besides taking it apart, you have to find a chip that will operate on the chipset, has the same power requirements, etc.. Even if you do find a chip that will work, it will not give you much a performance increase. My advice would be to save up and get a new laptop.

Solution

ChrisBatson

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011

The TA6 I had used 667 mhz. Core duo or Core 2 duo chips. The fastest 667 mhz FSB cpu is the T7600 running at 2.33 ghz with a 4mb L2 cache. 4GB ram ( DDR-2 667 mhz. ) was the max. There is a decent difference in speed from a C2D 2 ghz and a 2.33 ghz. There would be an even bigger difference if your chip only has 2mb L2 cache. ( all core duo's and some cheaper core 2 duo's )
I am a MAC guy now , but that laptop was pretty good with Elements 6 and the pen. Hope that helps, Chris