Solved! Multitasking Audio/Video/Gaming Laptop

tiemchan

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
1. What is your budget? Up to 1500, preferrably less, but can spend this much.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Doesn’t matter.

3. What screen resolution do you want? HD capable. 15” or larger. I’m not sure what the average gaming laptop screen res is.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? 1-2 hrs. Although I am usually plugged in anyway.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, MMORPGS, warcraft, rift, dc online. High setting.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
I need something capable of multitasking. I use photoshop (graphic and web design), dreamweaver, propellerhead software (reason, music producing), microsoft products (word processing), and sony soundforge (sound editing).

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? I would like at least 500mb, but would prefer 1tb or 750mb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Doesn’t matter. I have shopped at Newegg and Tigerdirect before. I also get a SMALL discount at Dell (usually around 20-30 bucks).

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 1-2 years or more

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Need to be able to burn cd/dvd’s. Would love to be able to watch bluray movies, but it's not a priority. I assume this isn't cheap yet.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I haven’t bought anything in a while. No preference. Have browsed Sager and alienware, but I'm still unfamiliar with the lingo and hot products.

13. What country do you live in? US

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I’m not sure what’s good in laptops right now. I hear the i5/i7 intel processors are sweet, wouldn’t mind going there. The main thing is to be able to do some gaming while also being able to work on any graphic/web/sound design work. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello tiemchan;

With your budget you're going to be able to get it all.
SAGER NP8130 @ ~$1381
2nd Gen Core i7-2630QM CPU, 8GB RAM, 750GB 7200rpm, HDD 6X Blue-Ray Read/8X DVDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
15.6" 1920x1080 LCD & GTX 460M graphics.

tiemchan

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Wow, thanks for the prompt responses!
I am looking to buy the laptop by the end of the month. Is anything going to change by then? Also, I haven't had the chance to try out windows7. Is there a big difference between versions?

Thanks again WR2! ;)