Solved! Problem with acer screen

cmars

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
Hello,
My daughter dropped her acer aspire one she got for x mas and now the screen is damaged and black spots appeared on the screen. Will acer replace it if the store i purchased it from will not or can i replace just the monitor on an acer aspire one?

Solution
If you bought it at say Best Buy or Future Shop and bought the extra warranty you might be able to get a replacement or the laptop fixed.
There are very few laptops made that can take a drop other than some Dells and the Panasonic Toughbooks.
You can probably get a new screen from acer but it'll probably cost almost as much as you paid for the whole laptop....so.....
Hope this helps...JQ
G

I doubt if the store or the manufacturer will replace accidental damage free but I would approach them for a solution unless you have experience of dismantling laptops. You can meanwhile use an external monitor, I'd guess, as it sounds like physical damage to the laptop screen, not a problem with the motherboard.

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
If you bought it at say Best Buy or Future Shop and bought the extra warranty you might be able to get a replacement or the laptop fixed.
There are very few laptops made that can take a drop other than some Dells and the Panasonic Toughbooks.
You can probably get a new screen from acer but it'll probably cost almost as much as you paid for the whole laptop....so.....
Hope this helps...JQ

Solution