Toshiba Laptop will not charge

bartsarzy

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
I have a Toshiba Satellite A505 and it will not charge. The battery is dead, I do not think any power is going to the laptop unless the connector in the laptop is loose, because it seems it is. And how do I go about checking if there is power go through the laptop with a volt meter. Please I need help with this. Thanks

G

Presumably the Toshiba will run off the power supply okay. So either the battery has failed or the power circuitry on the computer which charges the battery has failed.

I have this problem with a Dell, but fortunately I have an identical second model and can charge the battery on that.

Best bet is a Toshiba dealer or a friend with the same series of Toshiba -- ask them to see if your battery will charge on one of their machine and if it doesn't, you'll know you need a new battery.

bartsarzy

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
Presumably the Toshiba will run off the power supply okay. So either the battery has failed or the power circuitry on the computer which charges the battery has failed.

I have this problem with a Dell, but fortunately I have an identical second model and can charge the battery on that.

Best bet is a Toshiba dealer or a friend with the same series of Toshiba -- ask them to see if your battery will charge on one of their machine and if it doesn't, you'll know you need a new battery.
Thanks I did find the problem, it was the AC adapter. With a volt meter I found out I was not getting the 19v that should be coming out of the AC adapter, I was getting zero.