What laptop is the best? Just out of curiosity

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Hello everyone. So, just out of curiosity, what would be the best gaming DTR?

1. What is your budget? Planning to spend around $1700-1800. Not more than that.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17.3 and only. 15.6 is too small, 18.4 - too big.

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1800

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop Replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? Since it'll be a DTR, it won't need much of a battery, as it won't last long without power. Let's say, 30 min under heavy gaming, though not required.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Highest possible. Don't want my game to be ruined only because of the graphics. Games - Battlefield Bad Company 2 (not Vietnam), Crysis won't be played, but preferrably the laptop should be able to run it, since if it runs Crysis, Metro 2033 and Stalker, it'll handle any game released so far...

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Vue (a 3d max version for landscapes), Photoshop (basic functions)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? I'd in fact said, the less - the better, but in this case you'd recommend SSD, which is more expensive.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. None

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? more than 10 years if possible ;)

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD-writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Is it only name brands or parts too? I prefer GTX 470M if this is the case. It's cheaper than 480M/485M, and good.

13. What country do you live in? Continental US

cia24

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2010

that budget isnt going to cut it if you want sb and 470m. not from cyberpower or ibuypower atleast

Espada

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
yea sorry xoticpc doesnt come with os unless you choose it so the 470m with the os should be in ur budget. If i remember correctly sager normally sells without not 100% sure but Xoticpc is known to be one of the cheapest from the resellers on most notebooks. MSI, ASUS, Sager etc.. prices on xotic are cheaper than ibuypower and cyberpower etc.. Sames laptops just under different names.

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
In fact, I found about Sager from Intel, Digital Storm from Tom's Hardware, iBuyPower and Cyberpower don't remember where from. So, thank you everyone, it was a great experience. $1770 for a gaming laptop is just fine. Paying around $2200 is too much. How about a 3d workstation? :) Just kidding ;)

Espada

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
I remember i bought something from cyberpower never buying from them again lol. Desktop couldve saved 200-300 building it myself but I was young and naive. Xoticpc looking on other notebook forums had a friend buy it freakin liked it. It was a sager, i bought msi but next one is gonna try to be a sager.