Satellites Will Be Used to Catch You Speeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp562

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
All kinds of weather conditions huh? I highly doubt it's going to be able to see through the clouds, just like how your satellite tv goes out when it's raining.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
I can't believe the British let their government waste so much of their tax dollars on useless nanny state stuff. no wonder the union is broke!

aethm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Tickets for speeding are just a source of revenue. Reckless driving should be the replacement taking speed into consideration.

dopeydog

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
lol no joke you can get really cheap GPS jamming systems. So this means lots of people will buy these and hide them in bushes etc. Then that will just mean people get lost when their tomtom doesn't work! Big Brother state or what!?!?

rajaton

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]darkknight22[/nom]How in the hell are effing SATELLITES IN SPACE low cost and easy to install? WTF are you comparing this to?[/citation]

Check out the kids who sent the camera up into space for under $200 :p Maybe they'll do something like that!

Gian124

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
[citation][nom]darkknight22[/nom]How in the hell are effing SATELLITES IN SPACE low cost and easy to install? WTF are you comparing this to?[/citation]

Amplifying that thought... it isn't as simple as maintaining the current satellites, you must affix a camera to the current ones, or launch new ones with cameras attached.

[citation] [nom] source [/nom] speed camera that can track your average speed over long distances while mounted on satellites in space.[/citation]

cobra420

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]cruiseoveride[/nom]Can't wait to see $20 Chinese satellite jamming systems on ebay now.[/citation]
LOL +1 man lol

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]ms1191[/nom]Prove it was me driving the car.[/citation]

In the US, I believe that would likely be the biggest roadblock to implementation, as speeding tickets and other traffic violations are imposed on the driver, rather than the registered owner, of a vehicle. Verifying the driver at the time of the infraction would be a challenge in the best case scenario, and impossible in the worst case.

But hey, those are the sorts of details with which most governments are happy to figure out after they've invested millions in the technology to produce the tickets (that are just going to get thrown out in court anyway).

Doommaker

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
[citation][nom]speedemon[/nom]more control/fear... at the very least this would free up police officers to take care of more important matters[/citation]

Yeah like eating donuts.

Doommaker

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]I can't believe the British let their government waste so much of their tax dollars on useless nanny state stuff. no wonder the union is broke![/citation]

First speed cameras were supposed to create a utopia, now this? When will it end!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS