Solved! How can i improve my acer aspire 5741g with intel i5 & win7 speed up

houdini0001

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
how can i improve my acer aspire speed up?

It's a 5741g with intel i5 & win7 home premium; has 4g ram, i5 cpu 430m @ 2.27, nvidia gt 320m with 1g dedicated, Hitachi 320 gig hdd, optima super multi dvd.

It seems to run quite slowly ripping a cd/dvd making my own compilation of music, video clips etc.

Some games - mostly hidden object types or puzzles.

Any Suggestions please ?

Many thanks "Houdini0001"

Solution
Laptops are usually loaded with what I call crapware. Bunch of software that you don't need and they are always running when you turn the computer on. If there are a lot of icons in the systray (next to clock), all those programs are running in the background taking away resources.

You can remove them from the startup. I don't like to mess up msconfig. I use a free software called RegSeeker. You can remove items from startup and will make a backup of any change you make. Be sure what you are deleting.

Another option is optimization software that tries to make your computer run better. You'll have to search for it.

If windows is 64bit, you can add more memory.

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Laptops are usually loaded with what I call crapware. Bunch of software that you don't need and they are always running when you turn the computer on. If there are a lot of icons in the systray (next to clock), all those programs are running in the background taking away resources.

You can remove them from the startup. I don't like to mess up msconfig. I use a free software called RegSeeker. You can remove items from startup and will make a backup of any change you make. Be sure what you are deleting.

Another option is optimization software that tries to make your computer run better. You'll have to search for it.

If windows is 64bit, you can add more memory.

Solution