View My Webcam

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
I would think most people would use some sort of chat program to do it. Yahoo, AIM, windows live or whatever they call it, etc. I know my sister in law used yahoo's msger to chat with her husband when he was stationed in Korea. That way they could keep in touch and he could see his oldest kid for the year.

I also know that you can use Irfanview to view your webcam. I don't remember where it is and my laptop doesn't have a cam. I can update this when I get home/some time if you really want to know.

fady fox

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

hey foobarazz
i just want to ask you if there's any possible solution other than my cameralink .com as it demands opening of the camera in a browser from the remote pc and that's not applicable in my case
Thx for you supporrt
BR
Fady

fady fox

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

i just want to ask you if there's any possible solution other than my cameralink .com as it demands opening of the camera in a browser from the remote pc and that's not applicable in my case
Thx for you supporrt
BR
Fady

fady fox

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

Thx for your fast reply all i want to do is remotely monitor the laptop webcam :)
BR
Fady

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
For reasons you can't mention?

Logmein is a great site, I use it a lot. Let's say your at work on your break of course and want to see whats going on at your house. Use logmein to sign into your laptop. Fire up whatever program your using to view your webcam, I already mentioned irfanview. The webcam view should be viewable on your work computer, showing you whatever you pointed the laptop at. (assuming the cat didn't knock it over already.)

If you are hoping to turn on someone's cam without them knowing, can't really help you there. There are ways that I know of, but not on this forum.

fady fox

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

Thx very much u were very helpful :)