Hi,

I am in need of a new laptop! My current needs are:
Budget - $1000
Resolution - Any
Screen Size - Preferably over 16"
Use - A bit of gaming (sc2, HoN), school work
Brand - No preference as long as it is fast/cheap/reliable

Other Items: Not too heavy.

Overall, I really want this to be a very versatile laptop for all of my needs!

From what I have researched, I am currently looking at this laptop:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=34-220-827&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=100&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

Is this a laptop that fit my needs? Is there a better one out there?

Thanks and much appreciated!

Solution
Hey crazib88 -

I'd take a look at the Acer Aspire 7552. It'll run you about $799. It has an excellent blend of performance and wireless capability. Has powerful multitasking and an immersive entertainment experience on the 17.3" screen with the high-performance graphics and accelerated AMD™ multi-core processing. I think it'd be a solid option for what you're looking for.

Let me know what you think.

Best,
Kevin
Windows Outreach Team

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer_X6-9500_Notebook/
I know it's a 15.6' screen, but it has sandybridge...kinda nice. better gpu as well. A lot better, and much higher screen resolution.
They're the first site I've seen with affordable laptops featuring the new processors.

WindowsTeam_Kevin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
Hey crazib88 -

I'd take a look at the Acer Aspire 7552. It'll run you about $799. It has an excellent blend of performance and wireless capability. Has powerful multitasking and an immersive entertainment experience on the 17.3" screen with the high-performance graphics and accelerated AMD™ multi-core processing. I think it'd be a solid option for what you're looking for.

Let me know what you think.

Best,
Kevin
Windows Outreach Team

Solution