Toshiba NB200-10z boot problems

Nikki62

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
I bought this netbook 16 months ago. All too often it will not boot. I press the button andthe fan start then it goes quiet and nothing happens. According tot he forum on toshiba's site several other people have boot issue. I have tried the procedure that toshiba recommends but nothing happens. Toshiba want £160 to extend the warranty but in my opinion this is a manufacturing problem and the netbook is not fit for purpose. A netbook should work a lot longer than 16 months. Anyone else have the same probs?

Roaring 30

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
I have exactly the same problem and looking through the various web sites, so do many other people. The netbook worked fine for the first 12 months but no sooner was it out of warranty, the problems began.

Toshiba do not seem to be at all interested I'm affraid and I have now abandoned the NB200.

One tip that I did pick up though. If you put the NB200 in the freezer for about 5 minutes, it will boot okay and continue working until the next power off. This does at least give you a chance to collect your data.

Up until now Ihave been a keen Toshiba supporter but this little episode has taught me not to buy a Toshiba in the future.

G

I have had my nb200 14 months I have the same problem toshiba have not helped at all I will never buy there stuff again suzzysue@msn.com

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
I KNOW THIS ***!!!!!

I also have this laptop and it was not starting but now i am using it :pt1cable: HOw To SoLvE??:

INSTRUCTIONS:
1: you have to cool your laptop for this turn on Air conditioner and hold your laptop in front of AC for 15 minutes (if you dont have AC use refrigerator )

2:Start your laptop if it starts then ok but if not remove battery and then start after starting download updated bios for your laptop for this google it.

3:after downloading open it if your laptop starts with battery then ok but if you remove then it will ask for battery now Read carefully : Keep laptop turn on DONT OFF for inserting battery you have to insert battery with RUNNING LAPTOP dont afraid of it i DID it with MINE so it dont harms your laptop.

4:install bios but REMEMBER dont shut down!!

5:after installing it will restart then check it by turning it off then start it up . And see if it works

Any answer please contact to my email or website because i don't visit tomshardware my email is Shahbazkill@yahoo.com my website is www.freedownloadingblog.blogspot.com you can contact at website at contact page

Thanks
Best regards,
Shahbaz Talpur