Solved! Compare dell xps 15 and hp dv6 3123tx

dhanush4289

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
please help in chosing the best out of these two -dell xps 15 and hp dv6 3123tx
my areas of concern are the display screen quality,performance,life,baterry backup,graffics performance,...and an overall opinion which is better

Solution
Both screens will probably be pretty similar since they are both LED backlit with glossy coatings at the same resolution. The HP has the better graphics card and a quad core CPU, giving it better performance numbers in most instances. There is no mention of what battery the HP uses, but the Dell is able to achieve close to 3 hours while watching movies and over 5 while idle on the 6-cell battery.

dhanush4289

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
please help in chosing the best out of these two -dell xps 15 and hp dv6 3123tx
my areas of concern are the display screen quality,performance,life,batery backup,graffics performance,...and an overall opinion which is better

the specification are

for dell xps 15-
PROCESSOR Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-480M processor(2.66GHz, 4Threads, turbo boost up to 2.93Ghz, 3M cache) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English) edit
SECURITY SOFTWARE McAfee(R) Security Center - 30 Days Trial Version edit
DISPLAY 15.6 HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife™ edit
MEMORY 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 4G) (operates at 1066MHZ for Core i5 processors) edit
HARD DRIVE 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive edit
OPTICAL DRIVE Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability edit
VIDEO CARD 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M graphics with Bluetooth (with WIDI) edit
BATTERIES 6 Cell Primary Battery edit
KEYBOARD Dell™ Keyboard with Touchpad (English)

for hp dv6 3123tx-
Operating system installed
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Processor
• 1.6 GHz
Chipset
Intel® HM55 chipset
Memory
Standard memory
4 GB DDR3 (2 x 2048 MB)
Memory slots
2 user accessible memory slots
Storage
Internal drives
640 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm
Optical drives
SATA optical drive: LightScribe SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Graphics
Display size (diagonal)
39.6 cm (15.6") diagonal High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display
Display resolution
1366 x 768
Graphics
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics with 1 GB dedicated

Both screens will probably be pretty similar since they are both LED backlit with glossy coatings at the same resolution. The HP has the better graphics card and a quad core CPU, giving it better performance numbers in most instances. There is no mention of what battery the HP uses, but the Dell is able to achieve close to 3 hours while watching movies and over 5 while idle on the 6-cell battery.

Solution