NETBOOK WONT BOOT NO ALT+F10

mercifulfate2

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
I have an acer aspire KAV60 which I have seen is also suppose to be a AOD250. This is a netbook with no cd rom or dvd. The alt+F10 will not work ... when I try to use it it freezes up with a tiny bit of graphics at the top of the screen. I can not boot to safe mode it locks on amdagp.sys. It will also lock on safemode /network and command prompt in the same place. Last known configuration only shows the windows logo screen with the statis bar moving but it never boots. This is also what happens on the normal boot. If I try to use the recovery console I get " A disk read error occured press ctrl+alt+del to restart" and we are back to square one. Does anyone know why the alt+F10 isnt working and what I might be able to do about this boot issue? Remember this unit has no cdrom nor dvd the recovery is supposed to reside on the HDD.

Thank you

If you wish you may email me at mercifulfate2@hotmail.com

Thank you again

Barbara

jd4916

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Have emachine netbook KAV60 and this just started the other day......when you push power button the lights on keyboard light up as if it were starting up then it just goes off, nothing on the screen at all. lights on keyboard are lit up for about 3 sec and then goes off.

vickoz

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012

same thing here, did you fix it?