ASUS Laptop comparison/help

cr3at1on

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Hey , so i've recently choose to get an ASUS laptop. The G73JW-A1 , but on this website. www.xoticpc.com , you can costumize you're laptop.
Ok so here's the deal.
The version before the G73JW-A1 is the G73JW-XR1.´
The little brother , correct if wrong , has a smaller hard drive and a different optical. Only that. So by costumizing the XR1 , I got a price very similair to the A1 , but with much better performance.

Here is the spec sheet/configuration page for the G73JW-A1:
http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-g73jw-p-2858.html?wconfigure=yes

Here is the spec sheet/configuration page for the G73JW-XR1:
http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-g73jwxr1-republic-gamers-laptop-p-2931.html?wconfigure=yes

Ok , so , when I was thinking on getting the G73JW-A1 , what I was gonna change was:
Just the Sound Card.
I would upgrade the normal one to the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Channels 24-bit External USB Sound Card . Which is plus 99$.
P.S. I dont need or care about the laptop case and mouse.
The total would be $1842.00.

If I would get the G73JW-XR1 which is the smaller version of this laptop as said before , I would change:
The RAM , to 8Gigs. (Free upgrade)
The primary hard drive to a 90GB OCZ Vertex 2 Sandforce Solid State Drive . Which is plus 188$.
The secondary hard drive to a 750GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache . Which is plus 99$
And finally the sound card to Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Channels 24-bit External USB Sound Card. Which is plus 99$.
The total would be $1833.00.

So yeah , since I dont care about the case and mouse... I mean , the second system looks much better right ? It has an SSD , which is great cuse It will make the laptop much faster.
Any opinions ? I need this fast , any replies will make me very grateful , thanks :)
-cheers.

cr3at1on

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010

but everything else is the same right ? the case... cooling...

cr3at1on

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010

Yeah , I modified the A1 , added an 90 gb SSD , downgraded the optical from bluray to normal dvd , and added a 5.1 external sound card. It's pricey but maybe affordable... But , Is 90 Gigs of SSD enough ? For: Windows 7 64 bit , Adobe Photoshop CS5 , Adobe After Effects CS5 , Cinema 4D and maybe some more programs ?... Also a game or two... And then , the 500 Gigs HD , I hope itll be enough.