Hp Pavilion dv5-1215ef keyboard problem

no_one

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
hi
I have a Hp Pavilion dv5-1215ef notebook; Please check the link bellow if you need to know it's configuration to give me an answer or a clue to resolve my problem :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01669022&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3872645

ok, now that you are familiar with my notebook brand and configuration, I'll figure out my problem;
My notebook worked fine until 2 weeks ago, when in the evening when I'm usually surfing the web, the keyboard got mad and everything I would try to type on my keyboard is executed like I'm holding the CTRL key pressed down;
For example, if I am in a program and I press the "P" key, it will pop up the "printing menu", like I was typing "CTRL+P" , in the same order, if I press just the "O" key, it will bring me on the screen the "Open menu", although I didn't pressed the specific "CTRL+O" command;

I have been searching the internet for an answer, but I didn't been able to resolve it by myself and that's why I'm asking you for a solution or a clue to resolve my keyboard problem;

I also tried to extract the ctrl key and to attach it back to the keyboard, but this didn't solved the problem;

Hope you'll help me; Thaks :hello:

hp_laptop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
I also have the same issue with my HP G7-1270CA, but it only has this problem occasionally during I'm typing something on the keyboard, and I can solve it by reboot the laptop....

Does anyone find the solution for this problem yet? Thanks

no_one

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009

I found the problem on my laptop far time ago and it was the keyboard; I bought a second hand keyboard and I mount it on my laptop and now it's like new one :)
Conclusion : the keyboard was the problem at my laptop