New notebook for photoshop, corel draw and watching HD content

nidhin999

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
Hello everyone :hello: , I am new to this forum. I am looking for a new notebook which I would generally be using for storing my digital content and lots of editing work of photographs on photoshop and some design work on Corel Draw. I will also be using the notebook for reading e-books so the HP touch smart has captured my attention :eek: but it doesn't actually excites in many other departments like performance for instance :??: . I am also a movie buff so I will be using it to watch some HD content even though a large screen is not the biggest of my priorities. I have summarized my priorities below :ange: :

notebook size: small preferably upto 14'
battery life: around 4 hours will be good
brand: no restriction
budget: around $1000
HDD: I will be storing lots of digital content so a min 500GB hard disk is needed
optical drive: DVD RW, (a blue ray drive is not necessary)
graphics performance: I wont be playing many games, NFS most wanted can be taken as a bench mark for graphics acceleration and it should be able to handle PS CS5 easily :pfff:
processor: I am not an Intel hardcore fan, so either Intel or AMD will do for me, value for money will be on top of my priority list, and performance is on top of my priority list
a good amount of memory is also necessary to handle large files on photoshop.

so guys please help me out here I might be able to stretch my budget a little further but not a great extent

marios50

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
from what you will be doing you will need a notebook with a medium to high graphics card.
as for processor an i5 will do the trick.
search with things i told you and you should find something.
Marios

Is that for professional work or is it personal stuff?

Nearly all laptops use TN panel screen which are not really known for color accuracy. If color accuracy is not important, then get whatever you want.

If color accuracy is important, then the only laptop series I can recommend is the HP EliteBook 87xx series which uses an IPS panel. However last time I've checked, the starting price is more than double your budget.

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi there,

You should also look into the Dell XPS 14. It has an i7 processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 500 GB of hard drive space. It also has NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 425M graphics and is still portable with a 14" screen (and weighs 5 lbs).

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

nidhin999

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010

I will be using the notebook only for personal work, I didn't mentioned abt color accuracy owing to the high cost of IPS panel screens, which at present I cant afford :cry:.

nidhin999

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010

can you please give me a rough idea about the price of this notebook, I think now the dell XPS comes with great speakers :sarcastic:

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi there,

It depends where you purchase the laptop, but it should be just under or around $1000.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach team