ASUS N82J.......Audio issue; mono only mic input jack?!

djaminhi

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
Hi guys, im new to this forum and its my first post.

Im trying to record a stereo source at the mic jack (for use in adobe audition and EAW SMAART); but im only getting ONE channel of audio coming in.....

I own a Sony EB series which works perfectly for my purpose and allows stereo line in at the mic jack; both laptops use windows 7 ultimate 64bit and Realtek sound......(ive also used the mic jack on a Dell 1501 with XP Pro to record stereo in audition and SMAART with no probs in the past.)

I am now wondering if this seemingly impressive laptop ONLY has a mono imput jack!!!!!!!

Can anyony shed some light on my situation? if this laptop wont allow stereo line recording its no use to me :pfff:

Thanks for all feedback.

Solution
hmmm, so it was the specs limitation after all. Not much to do there, except looking for third-party solutions, like you mentioned. Sorry about that, hope it all works out for you.

djaminhi

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
Returned pc on a friday and got it back on the following monday! At least the service was good.....

Got the LAN card replaced, BUT it seems this PC can only deal with mono signals at the mic input.........for what is supposed to be a high end notebook. now i have to look at an external sound option for stereo line in.........SHAME ASUS!

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
hmmm, so it was the specs limitation after all. Not much to do there, except looking for third-party solutions, like you mentioned. Sorry about that, hope it all works out for you.

Solution

djaminhi

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010

thanks for your interest my friend; i guess that settles it :pfff:

pwdmurray

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012

We have the same problem. Did you find a external sound option that worked?

djaminhi

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010

Hi there;
I decided i would buy a Roland octa capture (not bought yet) it is USB interface; this would work for my needs which is audio measurement and analysis and also allow me 10 inputs for recording as a bonus.
Of course there are lots of other options eg from M-Audio; all the best with your workaround.... :)