SATA adapters for laptop dell d600

G

My dell laptop has an IDE connector for the 40gb hard drive. I would like to upgrade to 250gb by replacing the current hard drive with an HP 2.5inch Momentos which has SATA connectors. Where do I get adapters to be able to do this?? Please help

There's really no way you can do that in a laptop. You're stuck with what the motherboard has on it. Your basically stuck with IDE. Not to mention that a laptop that old probably can only handle a certain size limit on hard drives and you would not see any performance differences, so you'd be wasting your money either way.

My advice would be to buy an external hard drive to keep all of your stuff on or save up and buy a new laptop.

Sailor23M

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
My dell laptop has an IDE connector for the 40gb hard drive. I would like to upgrade to 250gb by replacing the current hard drive with an HP 2.5inch Momentos which has SATA connectors. Where do I get adapters to be able to do this?? Please help

I have the same laptop and I am considering a mid-range SSD 40GB (like an Intel 320 SSD) update. Do You know if the IDE to SSD converters like this one will work ?
http://www.amazon.com/SATA-Drive-Adapter-Laptop-Drives/dp/tech-data/B004ETGOCG

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
You may be able to get some of the micro sata to IDE to work, but realisticly not a good idea- you would have to buy a very small SSD ( physical size) 1.8 to make the adapter work, and even then I am not sure you could find one that would fit. also, A D600 is a very slow unit.

gibsswron

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
This is a great laptop for the price. It functions beautifully for basic use. I have had absolutely no trouble with mine, and would highlyacclaim this product to accustomed users. The thin-and-light Latitude D600 series, based on the new Pentium M processor, marks the start of an ambitious new corporate look for Dell.

brunkcowok

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
thanks.based on the new Pentium M processor, marks the start of an ambitious new corporate look for Dell
4.gif