whats the best dvd-recorder?

kopykat

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2004
Im looking for the best dvd recorder out there in terms of quality and functionality. I dont need a HDD thats huge, i can manage fine with a medium sized one to not having one at all. What I do want is good connectivity and good quality.
A MUST HAVE feature: DV connection via a firewire connection.
Im looking into the Pioneer DVR-520-S.
Im open for suggestions though, thank you.

stavros89

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2005
not sure if its what your after but what about the sony rdr hx900
it's a bit er pricey tho :s

I'll get back to you on that one

kopykat

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2004
thats madd expensive. besides, i was planning on getting a dvd-recorder at first but then i realized that none of them can do everything i want perfectly as a computer, pls its expensive.

Asus P4800 Deluxe - 3.0C - 4X256MB corsair twinx - 6800GT 256mb - sata w/8mb 160gb - 120gb w/8mb - Thermaltake purepower 480w - Thermaltake XaserIII

stavros89

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2005
well the sony ones atm (atleast in the reviews i've read) are the leaders. however price wise they do a better job than a PC. only thing is that we already have PC's that are usually expensive as we're all a bit Fruityyyy ! :p

not to worry. end of the day why get a set top DVD burner for your home TV set up when you can get 16X DVD duel layer burners for your PC for likes of £40 including VAT

I'll get back to you on that one

Dracy

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Have a panasonic EZ25 upscaling dvd recorder..brilliant machine. Beware though, it only upscales through hdmi socket not component, (cry). If you do go for this recorder, buy the RAM discs, as they're superior to DVD ROM + or - ie you can edit them easily. Happy hunting.