Solved! M11x v.s. XPS 14

CosmicZombie

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Im not at home as often so im considering buying one of the following to game a bit while out of home, either:

XPS 14

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 425M 2GB
Intel® Core™ i7-740QM
4 gigs of ram (apprently you get 1300mhz with i7 cpus)
320 gig sat

Or

m11x

Intel® Core™ i7 640UM
1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M
4 gig of ram (800mhz)
320 gig sat

I mostly play starcraft 2, cod, fallout,wow, etc. but I do want to be able to handle newer games, dont really care for ultra high settings, high is enough. Also mobility is key since ill be using it at college as well.

As far as I can tell, the XPS is superior in almost every aspect (it looks really boring/crappy tho), it seems that the m11x is sporting a kinda weak cpu, but Id like to know what you guys think.
Thanks.

Solution
The GT 425M and the 335M perform pretty similarly with the 425M coming out slightly ahead. The 425M also has DX 11. Neither card is going to be a spectacular performer, but they will do ok.

As for the CPU, the full i7 Quad in the XPS is going to run circles around the low voltage 640UM. And yes, the RAM in the XPS is going to be a good deal faster.
The GT 425M and the 335M perform pretty similarly with the 425M coming out slightly ahead. The 425M also has DX 11. Neither card is going to be a spectacular performer, but they will do ok.

As for the CPU, the full i7 Quad in the XPS is going to run circles around the low voltage 640UM. And yes, the RAM in the XPS is going to be a good deal faster.

Solution