Sony or Toshiba

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I' am thinking to get a new notebook that is around $600 or less and I found some great deals on OfficeMax like the ones I' am interested in is the Toshiba L645D-S4053 that is for $500 and the other one is the Sony VPC-EB3QFX for $580. Now I want to know is out of the two notebooks which is the best for to play games like Quake 4 or Doom 3, etc.

My budget is only upto $600 and the ones I saw at the local store is having great sales on some notebook that normal costs $100 or $150 more.

Here are some specs for the Toshiba

Features
•AMD Phenom II Triple-Core Processor N280
•4GB DDR3 Memory
•320GB Hard disk drive with Toshiba HDD Impact Sensor
•DVD SuperMulti Optical Disk Drive
•14.0" diagonal widescreen TruBrite TFT LCD display at 1366 x 768 native
•802.11 b/g/n
•Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
•1-year Limited Warranty

Graphics Brand/ Model
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Here are some specs for the Sonys

Features
•Intel Core i3-370M processor (2.40GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
•4GB DDR3 Memory
•320GB 5400rpm SATA Hard drive
•15.5"" 16:9 LCD Display
•Intel 802.11 b/g/n wireless network connection
•Built-in MOTION EYE camera and microphone with face-tracking technology
•Windows 7 Home Premium Edition OS
•1-year Limited Warranty

Graphics
Processor Intel® HD Graphics

G

im not the best person to answer this but one thing i will say or kind of "prewarn" you is that toshiba laptops get very very hot. Every toshiba laptop ive had from £200 - £900 has always got very hot my current satellite gets too hot to sit on your lap some times expecialy when playing games. and my older eqium also get majorly hot too, but my old sony vaio only used to get warm.

Maybe they have changed this since last year but its definatly the main thing that makes me regret buying another toshiba. But on the plus side ive always found that toshiba has nicer built in speakers than vaio my satellite has harmon/kardon little speakers and they sound great for thir size but my odl sony vaio has rubbish speakers.

im sure som1 will be able to give you a more technical point of view but in my opinion nothing beats experiance.