Normal Laptop Temperatures?

ragingazn628

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
I was wondering what the normal temperature is for a laptop.

GPU: 71-75C (idle) and 100-110C (gaming, SC2, Borderlands)
HD: Cool 41C
System Temp: 57-60C idle and 80C (gaming)
CPU: 55-60C idle and 80C+ (gaming)

When my GPU hits 110 I lag really hard. What are some other temperatures out there so I can compare?

Yes, model and specs would help. The GPU shouldn't be hitting 110, as that is quite high, even for a mobile GPU. Regardless of model, it is best to game on a flat-hard surface so the heat can be dispersed more readily. If you are already do so, it would be a good idea to spray out the heat ports with a can of air and to perhaps look into buying a notebook cooler.

vladoto96

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
as im concerned if your computer/ laptop cannot cool up by itself , than no cooler notebook or stuff like that will deal with the problem....and about the temperatures...- i have lenovo ideapad y500 -> a gaming laptop and my T-junction (Junction Temperature is the maximum temperature allowed at the processor die) is 105 C. So consider buying a new gaming pc/laptop or just dont play games with so high requirements if you dont want to screw you laptop.
Be sure to know what happens when you go higher than this temperature constantly - your hardware tools are unsoldered .... most often your chipset is being literally molten ....and there is a manual conclusion for this but it is not sure that ur gonna use this laptop a year or a day....and as far as im concerned chipsets are not selling pairly so beware to keep your laptop safe and cool ;]

vladoto96

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
as im concerned if your computer/ laptop cannot cool up by itself , than no cooler notebook or stuff like that will deal with the problem....and about the temperatures...- i have lenovo ideapad y500 -> a gaming laptop and my T-junction (Junction Temperature is the maximum temperature allowed at the processor die) is 105 C. So consider buying a new gaming pc/laptop or just dont play games with so high requirements if you dont want to screw you laptop.
Be sure to know what happens when you go higher than this temperature constantly - your hardware tools are unsoldered .... most often your chipset is being literally molten ....and there is a manual conclusion for this but it is not sure that ur gonna use this laptop a year or a day....and as far as im concerned chipsets are not selling pairly so beware to keep your laptop safe and cool ;]