Beeping from laptop Speakers

Hannes

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Hello,

I'm desperate for some help, I've got none so far. A few days ago my Sony Vaio E-laptop started making these random quick beep noises (usually 3 short, or 6 short) while running windows. It started first when I was watching a YouTube video, then later when I was chatting on AIM. Now it just does it randomly, whether I do a lot with the laptop or not.

This only happens when running Windows 7 (64-bit), and when I mute the computer the sound doesn't occur. I dusted and vacuumed the laptop, and while the temps are a bit high for basically idle (according to speedfan), it shouldn't be that hot HD0 31C, Cores 1-3 40-60C.

I ran a memory test but it showed everything's good. So I don't know what's going on. Can you guys please help?

Dark_Dragon9275

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

I tried this fix, and it still does the beep. I have a similar issue. The laptop is about 1 1/2 years old, so I expect to get a little longer out of it yet, and this persistent noise is really annoying plus I have no idea what its for. All of my hardware checks out fine. The laptop idles fine but runs pretty hot sometimes. I hear this isn't uncommon with VAIO Laptops however, so I'm not worried and just blow out the fans and such with canned air every now and again. Its from the speakers themselves, between 3 and 6 quick, high pitch beeps on an interval of around 10 - 20 seconds. It just started tonight for me, and its driving me insane while I try to study with some low music over my headphones. >_> I'd like to know what it is so I can try and fix it, and I've searched many forums and no one seems to have the answer for these particular beeps. Any help would be great. Thanks a million.

Dark_Dragon9275

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
btw, it is the same Laptop Series, mine is a Sony VAIO VPCEB27FD

GPU: ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5470 512 Mb GDDR3
RAM: 4 Gb DDR3 @ around 600 MHz a piece or so
CPU: Intel Core i5 540M
Blu-Ray Drive
WD 500 Gb HDD @ 5400 RPM
Realtek HD Audio
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
15.5" 1080p HD Sony Display

Peripherals are:

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500
Head Rush Vibration Gaming Headset
Microsoft Notebook Cooling Base

and sometimes an HP Photosmart C4130, althought this was not attached it that point where the problem began.