Horizontal lines and freezing

trampsvest

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Hi,

My son has an ACER ASPIRE ONE AO751H netbbook, which we have owned for over a year and is out of warranty. Yesterday problems started to occur with the display. Horizontal lines appeared on the screen from top to bottom. The screen seemed to flicker quite a bit when the lines appeared. There was quite a lot of them and they were very thin.

When this initially happened I moved the screen backwards and forwards, thinking it maybe a cable problem and it did stop for a few seconds, but then continued and then the image froze. I was unable to get the pointer to move on the screen and nothing happened when I pressed any of the keys.

I switched off the netbook and removed the battery and started it up again using the power cable. When it eventually came on the same thing happened again. I then connected the netbook upto an external monitor and had the same problems again.

From this I'm assuming it's not a problem with the netbook screen, but something else. Has anybody got any ideas as to the cause of this and if so what are my possible solutions.

Thanks in advance.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Could be heating issues. Try to give it a good clean-up and see if you can remove any hairballs from it. That's common with netbooks, as they are taken all over the place.

trampsvest

Distinguished
May 6, 2008

If thats the case am I right in thinking that the GPU is integrated within the motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS