Enterprise Apps for Apple's iPad On the Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
iPad is now and always will be useless for work.

Plus, that isn't a very economically friendly choice in the work environment.

"Larger corporations like Nike and Disney may incorporate the device early simply to promote a high-tech image"

What's high-tech about it? I was in the NYC Apple store on the day of the release, it wasn't anything special and it certainly wasn't magical and revolutionary, despite what the hippy-employee's shirts said.

blazesofhell

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
"Consumer short-hand, itouch = iPod Touch."

Makes sense since before the iPod Touch, people were saying things like "iNano" "iClassic" "iMini"...consumer shorthand, right?

Oh wait...

donovands

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I dunno. The iPad will be fine for anything that doesn't require creating. So you can run presentations from it, access databases and so forth. It's not UNuseful. There are just a lot of cheaper, better solutions for enterprise out there.

skevil

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2007
Another over-hyped, overpriced, and un-revolutionary piece of hardware from Apple. You'd think this was the first tablet ever made.

By hey, it's Apple, so it has to be cool and edgy and revolutionary, right?

Let's keep giving this oversized iPod Touch more news stories.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
The biggest roadblock to enterprise adoption of the ipad is its dependence on itunes. If you have to buy software, download software, sync software using itunes, a lot of businesses aren't going to be OK with that. Until Apple allows you to connect a USB to a computer or external drive, stick a disk in the drive and load the app, it won't fit well in big companies.

To all the people that say there is no place for the ipad in enterprise, you just aren't thinking hard enough about how to improve your enterprise. Of course I'm thinking somewhat in terms of tablet use and not just ipad use. It may be that Win-based tablets would be more appropriate, if they ever get the UI to the point where it works as well as the ipad. The fact that tablets haven't caught on that much so far is partly due to the insufficient UI and partly because of shortsighted IT people.

G

There are plenty of people who read the iPad articles. Please keep them coming and ignore the crybabies

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]t-vizz the 2nd[/nom]Could we please move away from the ipad for a while?[/citation]
careful, man, U might get about 30 thumbs down all of the sudden, see the other citrix article and comments!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]gamerjames[/nom]iPad is now and always will be useless for work.Plus, that isn't a very economically friendly choice in the work environment."Larger corporations like Nike and Disney may incorporate the device early simply to promote a high-tech image"What's high-tech about it? I was in the NYC Apple store on the day of the release, it wasn't anything special and it certainly wasn't magical and revolutionary, despite what the hippy-employee's shirts said.[/citation]Your really gonna throw that out in the open like that huh? Useless for work? lol. OK!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]kelfen[/nom]it is basically a blown up version of the itouch; all they did is make it bigger[/citation]You hit the nail on the head. I wonder why Apple would take one of their most successful devices.. AND INCREASE THE SCREEN SIZE!!?? OMG! Why would they do that!!!??? This is mind-boggling why they would do this! /s

skevil

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2007
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]You hit the nail on the head. I wonder why Apple would take one of their most successful devices.. AND INCREASE THE SCREEN SIZE!!?? OMG! Why would they do that!!!??? This is mind-boggling why they would do this! /s[/citation]

He's just calling a spade a spade, something Apple refused to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.