Solved! Swapp i3 330m out to i5430m?

DuhWolf

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Hello,

I5 430M with I3 330M

Is it possable to swap these 2 cpu's around?
I 2 Laptops one with each of those CPU's, but I'd like better if they were swapped.

MSI ar620 i5 430m
Asus U50F i3 330m

Are the sockets the same?
If so I'll then be wonder if the bios & board will support each?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
The sockets are the same, you would ahve to contact MSI and Asus is the BIOS supports them but I wont see any issues are they are very closely related. All that being said ttaking apart a laptop is difficult and if you have never done I before I would not recommend it. Some manufacturers solder in the CPU's while it is not as common as it used to be if the CPU is soldered in than you cant remove it.

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
The sockets are the same, you would ahve to contact MSI and Asus is the BIOS supports them but I wont see any issues are they are very closely related. All that being said ttaking apart a laptop is difficult and if you have never done I before I would not recommend it. Some manufacturers solder in the CPU's while it is not as common as it used to be if the CPU is soldered in than you cant remove it.

Solution

bobs5

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
I have an ASUS U50F and would be interested in the result of your effort to upgrade it to an i5. I assume if it worked there is a bigger drain on the battery. I have thought of upgrading my battery to one with more cells as the battery life is less than I would like for his laptop.

TRENDING THREADS