Laptop capable of running 6 displays

bigfysh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
I'm in need of getting rid of my desktop and I want to switch over to a notebook full-time. The problem I have is that I need to run 6 displays! I know Matrox has their triple head solution and I could buy 2 of those but I can't find a notebook that has 2 display port connectors. I also realize that Digital Tigers has an external solution for me but that is $2K, anyone have any other ideas? Know of any notebooks with dual port connectors?

bigfysh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
Yeah I know having 6 sounds like over kill but with stock trading like I do, you get spoiled having so many. I've decided on a Matrox triple head solution for $300 from NewEgg that will allow me to run 4 (3 plus the laptop). I made sure I bought an i5 notebook with dedicated graphics memory so I'm hoping that will do the trick. I wont get the Matrox box for a few days so I'm keeping me fingers crossed. Going down to 4 monitors sounds like I'm spoiled but it will be tough ....

Thanks for your note

daship

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Seems like a waste to me if its even possible. Nothing beats a desktop for stock trading. Your better off keeping a desktop, and getting a cheap notebook/net book for when you need to be mobile.

asenski

Honorable
May 16, 2013
First post here. This seems like an old thread but I think I found a solution to do EXACTLY what you are talking about.
Get a USB 10-port hub and get 6 USB to DVI converters. I have only done that with 2, but I think I read it should support up to 6. Not sure if it will be fast enough with 6 monitors, there are USB 3.0 solutions that might be better. I had no problem doing 2 and was shocked that I was even able to watch YouTube videos on it.