Solved! Can the toshiba qosmio x505-q870 run ddr3 1333mhz memory module?

dc_qosmio

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Hello,

My Toshiba Qosmio x505-q870 comes with 2x2GB DDR3 1066MHz. I am in the process of upgrading memory and came across 2x4GB DDR3 modules at 1333MHz or dual 1333/1066MHz speed in my search. Could someone tell me for sure whether my laptop model can handle the faster mem modules (and actually running at the faster speed)? BTW, my laptop runs Win 7 Pro, 64 bits. Many thanks for your input.

DC -

Solution

It can but why would you want slower (timing wise) memory cards. It's a bad idea usually to mix brands and models. Windows doesnt mix them very well. You want the timing to be as low as possible the Ram your talking about is just a few seconds slower. By 2-4 seconds mostly but slower just the same. If you want the max RAM goto...

jacs

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011

It can but why would you want slower (timing wise) memory cards. It's a bad idea usually to mix brands and models. Windows doesnt mix them very well. You want the timing to be as low as possible the Ram your talking about is just a few seconds slower. By 2-4 seconds mostly but slower just the same. If you want the max RAM goto newegg and find 2 4gb ddr3's that have the lowest timing. Of course you should take into other buyers reviews when you make your choice. GSkill is the best brand lately, it has longer life and reliability.

Solution